Thursday, January 31, 2013

carrot tops

This is my last painting of the 30 day challenge. I think I may have only missed posting three of the 30 days. I'm proud of that. It was a great experience. It got me into the wonderful habit of making some time to paint every day. It gave me the freedom to try different things. Painting on a white background. Starting with a black background. Doing a base of bright colors and allowing the opportunity for happy mistakes. I tried painting with square brushes and allowing my brushstrokes to show (like this one), I tried painting tight and detailed, I tried painting with a palette knife...and I think I learned how to better know when I am finished with a painting instead of second guessing myself. I also really enjoyed seeing what all the other great artists did for the 30 day challenge. Thanks for all the inspiration! Anyway, I am sad to say this is my last one for the challenge. This 10x10 painting was super fun. Love the bright colors, the brushstrokes, the looseness of it. Hope you like it!

4 comments: